Bhutan Visa Details
Many who wish to visit Bhutan finds the visa procedure very complicated. Once you understand the procedure, it’s very simple to acquire Bhutan visa.
- With the exception of visitors from India and Bangladesh all other visitors to Bhutan need a visa.
- To acquire Bhutan visa, tourists have to book tour packages with local tour operators, directly or through a foreign travel agent.
- Visa is issued by Tourism Council of Bhutan in Thimphu, Bhutan.
- The government has set a mandatory minimum daily tariff to prevent the nation from being overwhelmed by mass tourism.
How to apply or get a Tourist Visa to Bhutan
Visa application has to be done by an authorized tour operator in Bhutan on behalf of any tourists wanting to visit Bhutan.
Easy steps to acquire Bhutan Tourist Visa:
- Consult with a licensed tour operator and book a Bhutan tour package.
- Purchase & confirm your air-tickets
- Submit a scanned copy of your passport information page. Ensure that your passport have at least six months validity
- Provide the information required as listed below
- Full name as per passport
- Mailing address
- Contact Number
- Transfer the tour package cost to the tour operator's bank account maintained with Tourism Council of Bhutan
- Receive E-visa 30 days prior to your departure date. In case of emergency it can can be expedited and issued in 5-7 working days after the bookings are confirmed.